Our Cloth Bums preflat is made from 2 layers of beautiful, soft cotton/spandex. Making it super absorbent and nice and stretchy!
Why use a preflat?
Preflats make a great option that will contain everything, are super stretchy and customisable to fit skinny legs and chunky thighs. They also are super quick to dry.
Preflats need to be secured with a nappy pin or snappi and they need a waterproof cover. Covers can be PUL, wool or microfleece- anything that adds a protective waterproof later to help keep bubs clothes dry.
Ways to fold:
1. This is the standard way to fold. It’s a "one-fold suits most" approach. Great place to start if your new to folding and a great starting point to finding what works the best for your bubba. This fold gives you an even 12 layers across the whole preflat.
2. This is a great fold for boys and tummy sleepers. The absorbency is targeted in the front as this is the "wet zone" aka the spot that gets the most wee action. This fold gives you a whopping 18 layers in the wet zone and 6 layers throughout the back section.
3. Another good one for front wetters and even for the ladies as the triangle can target the front and bring some more layers towards the middle zone, just bring further down for your princess to give more coverage through the middle. This fold is giving you 18 layers at the front, 6-10 layers towards the middle( pending how far down you bring the triangle) and 2-4 up the very back.
4.This fold is perfect for the baby girls and middle zone wetters. Giving the middle zone 18 layers and the front 6-12 layers. To get 6 layers simply miss the second last step and skip folding the front over.
How to fit:
The Preflat1. Lay you bub on your pre-folded preflat with the preflat just above your bubbas bottom.
2. Pinch the middle of the preflat as you pull it up through the legs.
3. Pull the wings across bub.
4. Secure the middle and wings with a snappi or nappy pin.
5. Roll in the preflat around the legs making sure you get a nice snug fit and leg seal.
The cover6. Lay the back of the cover in line with the top of the preflat
7. Pull the cover up through the middle of the legs
8. Size the nappy by adjusting the "rise snaps" (the snaps at the front of your nappy) Snap down so that there is no excess fabric in the crotch and so the top of the nappy sits near the belly button. (Once you know what snaps to size to, you can have these pre-sized for next time so it's all ready to go)
9. Secure the wings
10. With two fingers, push the excess material between the rise snaps upward
11. And you're done!
How to add a booster and stay dry liners:
Option 1- Inside Preflat1. Lay your chosen insert/booster inside the preflat before folding over the edges.
2. Place microfleece stay dry liner on the top where babies bottom will sit
3. Proceed to fit preflat as normal.
Option 2 - Outside Preflat1. Lay chosen insert/booster inside your cover
2. Fit preflat to baby as usual
3. Fit cover with insert over top of your prelfat